on a walk this morning to enquire about ice skating! the Earl Ferrers pub (fabulous!)
Am I the only one that sometimes gets totally overwhelmed by horrendous news of atrocities happening across the globe? I find it gets me down if I'm not careful and feeds feelings of powerlessness and helplessness. Maybe it's made worse by individual personal (tough) circumstances. But I lay awake last night and made a promise to myself that today I would find and do some things that made me feel positive and would help me take a more redeeming view of humanity and an antidote to so much negative news!
I thought I would share with you too. Here goes:
1. Sign up to Positive News, see here: http://www.positive.news/join/
2. Random Acts of Kindness is something I've come across before and probably posted, but here it is again for today: https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/
3. Do something you've longed to do that will make you feel really good about yourself, your body and the world you inhabit. I used to ice-skate as a child & have decided I'd like to take it up again. Feel good about my body, rather than wondering why I have yet another ache or pain ;) Mid life crisis? Who cares. I need some fun! :)
5. Start your own local or community garden, allotment or guerilla gardening as a way to say no to GMO farming & environmental destruction. Apparently if you're not a gardener and need somewhere good to begin, lunar gardening is a great way to start: http://www.lunarorganics.com/
6. Positive Affirmations. I've just received my copy of this book: I AM/YOU ARE courtesy of Watkins Books (www.watkinspublishing.com)
All about affirmations: "Affirmations are powerful words or short statements. They are one of the easiest ways to turn negative thought patterns into positive ones." See: http://www.rosemarygallagher.com/
7. Walk. Walk as meditation to clear the mind and channel good, positive thoughts and a time to think up solutions to challenges or problems - one of my favourite things to do!
8. Give a gift. Check out the Git Economy idea. You could start or join a gift economy.
9. Be the change you wish to see in the world (the basis of starting this blog and the quotation has remained at the bottom since the start). Make, create, fund or join something that does amazing, positive things in the the world. See: https://www.globalgiving.org/
10. Stand up and be courageous enough to be the individual you are, and share/live your values daily - even if it goes against the status quo! Go do something you totally believe in :)